I heard a song the other day that is a blast from the past…Chad and Jeremy’s, A SUMMER SONG. It is a typical song from the 60’s about a dreamy summer love. But for me, it speaks rather of my love of summer.
“They say that all good things must end one day
Autumn leaves must fall.
But, don’t you know that it hurts me so to say good-bye to you.
Wish you didn’t have to go
No, no, no, no!!”
That is how I feel every year when the nights get cooler and the days get shorter and I know that it is just a matter of time before shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are but a memory, frozen in time. So, I decided to try to come up with some positive things about the end of summer…something to help hold the negative thoughts at bay. And, here it is…my
Top Ten List of Reasons to Embrace the Changing Season
10. Bing cherries may be done, but Holiday grapes are just coming in. LOVE those Holiday grapes.
9. Once the cold temps have freeze dried everything that is growing outside, the water bill goes down.
8. With nothing growing that they can destroy, the squirrels can just do their thing and not bother me in the least.
7. More time to devote to working on my book and using the treadmill.
6. We will get back to enjoying our afternoon Nespresso breaks.
5. My cuddly Restoration Hardware blanket will once again become a cocoon for me to hibernate in.
4. No good grilling weather means more time to enjoy cold weather comfort food like crockpot meals and Smokey Bacon Chili over baked sweet potatoes.
3. The “clean out the basement” project that I deserted last spring is still there, waiting for me to resume once the weather turns.
2. Save money on pedicures. No need with your feet crammed into weather-resistant boots all the time.
1. No bug bites for the next six months.
What do you think? Will it help?